On Tuesday, October 31st, Keone'ula Elementary School will be having a Costume Parade around our school campus. The parade will begin at 8:00 AM and end at approximately 8:30 AM. Your child is invited to dress up and participate. Participation is optional, not mandatory. Here are some guidelines that we would like everyone to follow:
- Costumes may not include any sort of weaponry (guns, swords, knives, etc.). Any toy or accessory resembling a weapon will be confiscated immediately.
- Costumes must comply with Keone'ula Elementary School’s dress code policies (no spaghetti straps, skirts/shorts must be no higher than the tips of the fingers, no bare midriffs, no alcohol/drug references on t-shirts). Students who do not comply with the school’s dress codes will be asked to change immediately.
- No makeup or hairspray application in school. Any coloring of hair must be done at home, prior to coming to school.
- No silly string canisters allowed on campus.
- Students will be touring the entire school campus during the costume parade. Please make sure that your student is able to walk comfortably and safely in his/her costume.
Again, participation in the costume parade is optional. Students who are not participating will still be allowed to view the parade, unless specified by their parent. Students not participating must be dressed in school uniforms. Also, if you would like your child to change out of their costume after the parade is done, please make sure to send a school uniform with him/her.
Unlike previous years, we will not partner up Aloha Harvest for their annual Trick or Eat food drive. Instead we will work with their canned food drive in November. More details will be sent at a later time.
Parents are invited to watch the costume parade. However, we ask that you remain in the designated viewing area next to the office. After the parade is completed, and in the interest of student safety and confidentiality, we kindly ask that you do NOT come onto campus to take pictures of students. Participation in the parade is strictly limited to the students and staff members of Keone’ula Elementary School. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mr. Dela Cruz at 307-2100.
About this Blog
The purpose of this blog is to keep the community informed of Keone'ula news and events. Check back often for updates.